Create Your Memory Book
- Cut a 3″ circle out of the center of the round doily. Make a single cut through the remaining doily ring.
- Fan fold this remaining doily ring into 1″ sections, forming a pleated strip.
- Glue one end of doily to back of canning jar lid. Gradually gather and glue the doily strip around back edge of lid until the ends of doily strips meet. Allow 1 1/2″ of fan folded doily to extend from back of lid, creating award edging. (See photo)
Place stars randomly on fan folded doily.
- Cut 2 1/8″ circle from construction paper and print ”World’s Best Kid” in center. Glue to center of canning jar lid. You can trace our pattern below, or write your own message.
- Cut 2-8″ lengths from Grosgrain ribbon and glue one end of each to back of award, so ribbons extend from bottom of award. “V” cut ends ribbons.
- After practicing with fabric paint writer you may print your “Best Kid’s” name one on of the ribbons, using photo guide for placement.
- Glue pin to back center of award.